It’s easy to buy at our auctions.
- Our auctions are all “online only auctions” meaning that all bidding is done through the internet and open to the public.
How do I register for an auction?
- Bidding online is fast, easy and again can be done at any time prior to or during the auction.
- Registration for online bidding is through our website.
- Register for Online Bidding Here →
Where can I find the terms and conditions for an auction?
- Terms and Conditions are also located on the main auction event page and in our auction catalog.
- View Our Auction Terms & Conditions →
How does an online timed auction end?
- Online timed auctions close at a scheduled set date and time. Our timed auctions may be advertised to end at a specific time but that does not mean the entire auction ends at once.
- All of our Online timed auctions have “staggered endings”. This means that there is a set time in between each lots ending, usually 30 seconds. Example: Lot #1 closes at 10:00:00 am, lots #2 closes a 10:00:30, lots #3 closes at 10:01. So even though the auction is scheduled to close on a Saturday at 10am, for example, with the staggered lots the auction will take some time to completely end.
- Our auctions do feature “extended bidding” to prevent “sniping”. If bidding is still active on a item 2 minutes prior to that items closing the item will continue to stay open until all bidding has ended. Once bidding has ended on a lot that item will close.
How do I know I if I’ve won an online auction?
- You can log into your online account and see what items you have won. You will receive a invoice via email within 24 hours of the auction ending.
- *** Online bidders please check your spam folders for any misdirected email ***
How do I pay for my items?
- Payment terms are specified in the auction’s terms and conditions.
- Examples are: Cash, Certified Funds, Wire Transfer, Credit, Debit Card, Business checks accepted with a bank letter of credit. No personal checks.
Can items be shipped?
- Yes, we can assist with shipping. We are not a shipping company, but we can assist in the crating, palletizing or packaging.
- Shipping and insurance is always at the expense of the buyer.
- Questions about shipping can be directed to the auction company. Miller & Co. is not responsible for items damaged during the shipping and handling process.
Are there fees for bidding on an auction?
- There are no charges to register and receive a bid number. Some auctions may be subject to a buyer’s fee charge, which will be outlined in the terms & conditions of the auction.
- A buyer’s fee may be 10%, so if you pay $100. for an item the buyers fee of 10% would be additional and your invoice would be $110.
- Charges are only incurred if you are the winning bidder.
How can I see the status of the items I’ve placed a bid on?
- Click on My Items in the top right of every bidding page. This will bring up a list of the items you’ve placed bids on.
- Each item will list the time left in the auction, the current bid, your maximum bid and the status of the auction.
Can I raise my online maximum bid (even if no one has outbid me)?
- You may increase your maximum bid at any time before the auction has ended.
- If you decide to increase your bid while you are still the high bidder, the current bid will not increase (you will not be bidding against yourself).
How can I make sure I’m seeing the most up-to-date bids?
- Remember to refresh often to be sure the bids on display are the most recent. Either use the refresh button next to each item in the catalog view or use the refresh button in your browser.
Can I change or cancel my bid?
- Once an online bid has been placed the you cannot change or cancel the bid.
- Once you enter an online bid the program will ask you to confirm this bid prior to placement thus eliminating any mistakes.